You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather Widgit

Why does the Weather Widgit need my location when i have data on for it. I want to know the weather in several places not just where im at? I thought it used to.

thanks

Posted on May 23, 2023 2:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 10:08 PM

Hello Ajwren!

Apple Weather needs your location to show you the weather and weather forecasts specific to your location.

If you want to know the weather in several places, please see the following link to learn how: Check the weather in other locations on iPhone - Apple Support.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

3 replies

May 29, 2023 10:20 PM in response to Ajwren

Thats crap. It knows the weather where i am when i type it in the search bar. I tell it where i am. I don't need it to follow me. I have five cities set up that i like to know the weather in. I am not in all 5 cities but i can still look at the weather there. I want the app Widget to scroll the five cities i have set up WITHOUT having to have the app Widget tracking me.

May 29, 2023 10:22 PM in response to Ajwren

Ajwren Said:

"Weather Widgit: Why does the Weather Widgit need my location when i have data on for it. I want to know the weather in several places not just where im at? I thought it used to. thanks"

-------

Weather App Location Prompts:

The Weather app runs off of an IP address to locate you. Seeing where you are, it will know how to get back to your current location.

Weather Widgit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.