You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International Travel and SIM cards

When I put a new SIM card into my phone for international usage, will I still be able to access my Icloud files?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10

Posted on May 26, 2023 10:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2023 2:35 PM

FWIW. If you travel abroad often, you may want to consider getting an iPhone which supports eSIMs. These would be iPhone XS or later phones.

The reason would be that you can have your (home country) default cellular carrier service on the eSIM, and then, get physical SIM cards for the countries you visit.

Ref:

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2023 2:35 PM in response to Lara_Carlson

FWIW. If you travel abroad often, you may want to consider getting an iPhone which supports eSIMs. These would be iPhone XS or later phones.

The reason would be that you can have your (home country) default cellular carrier service on the eSIM, and then, get physical SIM cards for the countries you visit.

Ref:

May 26, 2023 8:17 PM in response to Lara_Carlson

Typically, the cellular provider assists you with activating an eSIM. Of course, they also provide physical SIM cards. Both of your phones should support both types of SIMs. You can also contact Apple Support as well. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Ref:

International Travel and SIM cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.