You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse cursor retreats to bottom left corner of screen and doesn't want to leave it

Every time I use Final Cut, my mouse cursor will sporadically shoot down to the lower left corner, and I can't move it for a few seconds - it just keeps shooting back down. It makes working really impossible.

I was running into this issue even while Final Cut was not open, and after taking my mac to the apple store and reinstalling my system, and no luck, I accidentally discovered that one of the default Mac screensavers, Drift, was causing the problem. Once I switched to another, it stopped.

But I've had no luck stopping the problem on Final Cut. Anyone?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on May 27, 2023 2:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 6:24 PM

if you have a wireless mouse, turn it off, and plug in a wired mouse. If you have a trackpad, stil try plugging in an external mouse. The trackpad may be damaged from a spill or drop if it is a trackpad, and something could be making its corner act as if input is coming to it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2023 6:24 PM in response to Eric_ISL

if you have a wireless mouse, turn it off, and plug in a wired mouse. If you have a trackpad, stil try plugging in an external mouse. The trackpad may be damaged from a spill or drop if it is a trackpad, and something could be making its corner act as if input is coming to it.

Mouse cursor retreats to bottom left corner of screen and doesn't want to leave it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.