You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 slow in sending pictures with text

Why is my iPhone 14 So slow in sending pictures with text even short videos are almost impossible to send.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 29, 2023 8:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 12:22 PM

This is an iphone 14 issue, not a network issue. This problem started instantly the first time I tried to send something via iMessage on my new iphone. With the 12 Pro Max, it is still not an issue. With the 14, it is slow to attach the picture to the message. You click on the picture and then wait 5 seconds or more for it to attach. Often it doesn't even attach.

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2023 12:22 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

This is an iphone 14 issue, not a network issue. This problem started instantly the first time I tried to send something via iMessage on my new iphone. With the 12 Pro Max, it is still not an issue. With the 14, it is slow to attach the picture to the message. You click on the picture and then wait 5 seconds or more for it to attach. Often it doesn't even attach.

Oct 11, 2023 10:51 PM in response to RumDomRum

Received my 15 Pro Max 512GB last week, 10/6/23. Been using it for 4 days, not any faster from 12 Pro Max that I can tell right away. One thing that bug me the most was picture attachment speed when I was texting. I’m not too happy about it. I had no idea this was a wide spread issue until now. I’m pretty sure this is not carrier or WiFi speed related because it was slow to attach from Photos before sending.

May 29, 2023 8:50 AM in response to AKADeadhorse

More information is needed. I assume these are sent with the Apple Messages app, but are they to other iPhones using iMessage (blue bubble) or to non-iPhones using MMS (green bubble)?

In either case, the speed of sending is totally dependent on the speed of your internet connection. iMessages can use either Wi-Fi or cellular data; MMS can only use cellular data. So what is the speed of your connection, and is it Wi-Fi or cellular? You can check the speed by going to speedtest.net or fast.net, or by downloading the free app “speedtest”.

iPhone 14 slow in sending pictures with text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.