You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

serial number

I have an iphone 12 pro max and the serial number on it has slashed zeros (ø) and so when I enter the serial number for a trade-in, it comes up as invalid. I have tried replacing the slashed zero (ø) with a normal zero (0) and an upercase letter "O" and it still comes back as invalid.

How do I enter the serial number in?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 29, 2023 2:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 3:23 PM

Hello taybahhh!

The slashed zeroes shouldn’t affect the serial number of the device. After all, it’s just a way for the user to better differentiate between “O’s” and “0’s” (ohhh’s and zeroes.)

I would Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support, and ask them to help you accomplish what you’re trying to do. That would save you the most time, and get you the best assistance.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2023 3:23 PM in response to taybahhh

Hello taybahhh!

The slashed zeroes shouldn’t affect the serial number of the device. After all, it’s just a way for the user to better differentiate between “O’s” and “0’s” (ohhh’s and zeroes.)

I would Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support, and ask them to help you accomplish what you’re trying to do. That would save you the most time, and get you the best assistance.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.