You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync photos and messages iPhone ipad

No matter what I try I cannot sync my devices so that all photos and all messages show up on both iPad and iPhone X. I’ve followed multiple tutorials but nothing works. I’m signed into the same Apple ID on both. Help please?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 30, 2023 6:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 6:57 PM

Arigatokate Said:

"Sync photos and messages iPhone iPad: No matter what I try I cannot sync my devices so that all photos and all messages show up on both iPad and iPhone X. I’ve followed multiple tutorials but nothing works. I’m signed into the same Apple ID on both. Help please?"

-------

Enable iCloud Photos on your Devices:

iPhone or iPad:

On the the iPhone and the iPad, enable Contacts in iCloud.

On the iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2023 6:57 PM in response to Arigatokate

Arigatokate Said:

"Sync photos and messages iPhone iPad: No matter what I try I cannot sync my devices so that all photos and all messages show up on both iPad and iPhone X. I’ve followed multiple tutorials but nothing works. I’m signed into the same Apple ID on both. Help please?"

-------

Enable iCloud Photos on your Devices:

iPhone or iPad:

On the the iPhone and the iPad, enable Contacts in iCloud.

On the iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

Jul 20, 2023 7:25 PM in response to Pat Hale

Is your iCloud Photos library large enough that your iPad cannot hold full-resolution copies of all of the photos?

If so, you might want to turn on the option to Optimize Storage. That will allow your iPad to throw away full-size local copies of photos (in favor of thumbnails), as needed. In searching for the Apple Support page about this, I came across a User Tip (?!?) that another Apple Community contributor had written about the pros and cons of using this feature.

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Things to Consider before using Optimise … - Apple Community

Jul 20, 2023 7:17 PM in response to Pat Hale

Pat Hale Said:

"I have the same problem. SOME of my photos sync but normally only 30%. I can take several photos and they all appear in my cloud account but only 30% are available on my iPad."

-------

View iCloud Photos:

So, what happens when you view them in iCloud Photos? Log in here, and see if they are all seen: https://www.icloud.com/photos. If not, then you may have to try this later, when network activity is not so high.

Sync photos and messages iPhone ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.