You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2023 How to transfer videos from old iPad mini to new iPad mini 6

All the questions about transferring old files to new devices seem to be over ten years old, when you could still use iTunes to transfer these files. Since (I just discovered) iTunes is no longer a thing, how do I take a bunch of old videos in mp4 format on my old iPad mini (or from my PC) to my new iPad mini 6? I'm having no success trying to upload these videos from the old iPad to iCloud (keep getting an error message) so I could then download them to the new iPad mini. I also have these files on my PC but they won't download to my new iPad. Can anyone help?

Posted on May 31, 2023 12:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 2:15 AM

iTunes as an App remained with Mac until its functionality was subsumed into Finder and the new Music App - at which time references to iTunes disappeared.

For Windows PC, the iTunes for Windows application is very much still alive and kicking.  iTunes for Windows provides multiple services - such as providing synchronisation functions for connected Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) and access to the Apple Music services, media and associated subscriptions from the PC. 

iTunes for Windows also maintains your Music Library - where a copies of your music copied from CD and other external media reside. When your iPad/iPhone/iPod are synchronised with your PC using iTunes, your Music Library is copied to the device.

The most recent version of iTunes for Windows supports Windows 10 and 11 - although older versions of iTunes remain available for Windows 7 and 8. The legacy versions of iTunes for Windows still offer full synchronisation services. However, should your newer Apple devices ever need to be restored or updated by the Windows PC, you may need access to the current version of iTunes - this entailing use of Windows 10 or 11.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2023 2:15 AM in response to EMRDRD

iTunes as an App remained with Mac until its functionality was subsumed into Finder and the new Music App - at which time references to iTunes disappeared.

For Windows PC, the iTunes for Windows application is very much still alive and kicking.  iTunes for Windows provides multiple services - such as providing synchronisation functions for connected Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) and access to the Apple Music services, media and associated subscriptions from the PC. 

iTunes for Windows also maintains your Music Library - where a copies of your music copied from CD and other external media reside. When your iPad/iPhone/iPod are synchronised with your PC using iTunes, your Music Library is copied to the device.

The most recent version of iTunes for Windows supports Windows 10 and 11 - although older versions of iTunes remain available for Windows 7 and 8. The legacy versions of iTunes for Windows still offer full synchronisation services. However, should your newer Apple devices ever need to be restored or updated by the Windows PC, you may need access to the current version of iTunes - this entailing use of Windows 10 or 11.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

2023 How to transfer videos from old iPad mini to new iPad mini 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.