You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot run VPN (OpenVPN) after I update iPhone to iOS 16.5

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 5:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 5:20 AM

Possible Solution: Go to Settings > VPN and turn on the VPN through the Status button.

I was having the same issue with my iPad Pro. The OpenVPN app just sat there spinning trying to connect. Killed the app and went into Settings>VPN and turned it on from there. After turning on the VPN from Settings app, the OpenVPN app works turning the VPN off/on. The app will keep working until you actually shutdown the app (not in background) then you have to use the Settings method to start it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2023 5:20 AM in response to HiromineSai

Possible Solution: Go to Settings > VPN and turn on the VPN through the Status button.

I was having the same issue with my iPad Pro. The OpenVPN app just sat there spinning trying to connect. Killed the app and went into Settings>VPN and turned it on from there. After turning on the VPN from Settings app, the OpenVPN app works turning the VPN off/on. The app will keep working until you actually shutdown the app (not in background) then you have to use the Settings method to start it again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.