You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

My profile shows my new email for Apple ID but when I go to install Facebook or anything else it shows my old email address and asks for the password, how do I get rid of this

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 6:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 7:15 AM

Hi There,

This is happening because the applications that you downloaded are all considered "purchases" even though they are free. So when you first downloaded the application, in this example lets use Facebook, that application was "purchased" using your old Apple ID.

In order to resolve this all you have to do is uninstall the application and reinstall the application while youre signed into your new Apple ID that you want to use. Once you do that, the application will then be linked to your new Apple ID instead of your old Apple ID and will no longer ask you for the old password/email.

Thanks!

Mr-Helper

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 3, 2023 7:15 AM in response to Helpmepleaseaplesupport

Hi There,

This is happening because the applications that you downloaded are all considered "purchases" even though they are free. So when you first downloaded the application, in this example lets use Facebook, that application was "purchased" using your old Apple ID.

In order to resolve this all you have to do is uninstall the application and reinstall the application while youre signed into your new Apple ID that you want to use. Once you do that, the application will then be linked to your new Apple ID instead of your old Apple ID and will no longer ask you for the old password/email.

Thanks!

Mr-Helper

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.