You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB A SuperDrive not working on my MacBook Pro with Ventura

Hi, I am running on latest Ventura version to date 13.4, and my USB A SuperDrive is not appearing.

Also I have a USB A to C adaptor from Apple, but the case is the same. I inserted a movie DVD and I am not being able to eject it.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

regards!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 7:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 8:21 AM

Hi, thanks for your answer but it did not work.

I called Apple Support and they made me reset the NVRAM, but pushing command+option+P+R in the restart process for about 20 seconds. Then it worked, the disc appeared on my desktop and I could eject it. After that I tried inserting the DVD again and it presented the same issue. I restarted the computer like 4 times repeating the process and until it finally read the DVD and could eject it again.

This issue is new with the SuperDrive, I don't know if it's a bug issue or not.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Diego

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2023 8:21 AM in response to dialabrain

Hi, thanks for your answer but it did not work.

I called Apple Support and they made me reset the NVRAM, but pushing command+option+P+R in the restart process for about 20 seconds. Then it worked, the disc appeared on my desktop and I could eject it. After that I tried inserting the DVD again and it presented the same issue. I restarted the computer like 4 times repeating the process and until it finally read the DVD and could eject it again.

This issue is new with the SuperDrive, I don't know if it's a bug issue or not.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Diego

USB A SuperDrive not working on my MacBook Pro with Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.