You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPhone have a malware and virus protector in it?

f does iPhone have a malware and virus protector on it

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:06 PM

7 replies

Jun 5, 2024 9:05 PM in response to jader242

jader242 Said:

"I do not want to receive any contact with the mentioned email because it is fraud and blackmail ca*****lla@gmail.com"

-------

Blocking eMails:

Create filters. You'd create fitters, to filter out any eMails, whatsoever (and ignoring the filters with exceptions such as trusted Contacts). Typical things are explicit keywords in the eMail address or the contents of the eMail.

Blocking Scam Calls and Scam Messages:

Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. The paid version blocks out known spam numbers, and lets you add number to the block list. So, consider using it. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

Get it Right on the Developer's Site:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Jun 3, 2023 8:12 PM in response to Hurt69

Hurt69 Said:

"Virus: If does iPhone have a malware and virus protector on it: Is there an app to download to protect viruses and other stuff?"

-------

No. The iPhone does not come with Secure Software installed. And, though Security Software is out there for an iPhone, keep Security Software off of your iPhone. It just gets in the way, and you find plant example on the forums as to how an why --VPNs are the most common culprits that I've come across.

What to Use:

Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security. This software is developed by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable and trustworthy software for an iPhone. The free version blocks popups. The paid version blocks out known spam numbers, and lets you add your own and report items to the Developer. So, consider using it. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

Jun 5, 2024 11:22 PM in response to jader242

jader242 wrote:

I do not want to receive any contact with the mentioned email because it is fraud and blackmail ca*****lla@gmail.com

[Edited by Moderator]

When you receive messages that are obviously scams, and they are from gmail.com addresses, you can forward the e-mails to abuse@gmail.com before deleting them.

I like to think that if Google receives enough reports, they close the scammer's e-mail account. Permanently. But even that is probably a bit like playing "whack-a-mole" – with the scammers creating new accounts to replace the ones that get shut down.

Jun 5, 2024 11:34 PM in response to jader242

jader242 wrote:

I do not want to receive any contact with the mentioned email because it is fraud and blackmail ca*****lla@gmail.com

[Edited by Moderator]

If you receive messages that contain blackmail attempts or other threats, this may be of interest. It appears to be a FBI presentation of a "THREAT and INTIMIDATION RESPONSE GUIDE", and it is on a Web site which belongs to another Federal Government agency (the FCC, which oversees electronic communications).

https://www.fcc.gov/sites/default/files/threat_guide_english_final.pdf

Here's another one, apparently from some British government security agency, about what to do if you're targeted by a sextortion phishing scam.

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/files/sextortion-scams-infographic.pdf

Does iPhone have a malware and virus protector in it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.