You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Storage Video Deletion…Didn’t Delete?

Hi! So I just deleted a 1.92 GB video to clear up storage via the video taking up storage tab in the iPad storage section of the settings app. I restarted my device as well, and uh…Yeah the storage won’t go down. Predictably; it’d go down by 2 GB, leaving me with 61 GB being taken up thus far. But now it’s still at a wHOPPING 63.7 - 63.8 GB?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how I can fix it? Either by re-downloading the video to delete it in full again, or just by literally any other means necessary?? PLEASE???

(p.s, YES i know that my storage managing is absolute carpfish— don’t come @ me for that)

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 11:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 7:44 PM

EDIT: found the reason, kinemaster had “preserved” the video in question, thus causing it to still technically be saved on my device. L on my part, lads. Big L.

2 replies

High Storage Video Deletion…Didn’t Delete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.