You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It's annoying to have computer authorization!

I am fed up and annoy that I can no longer deauthorized all my Mac machines and start fresh. I bought new and used macbooks or mac minis over the years, and some I forgot to deauthorize before selling them off...

I bought albums/songs from Apple Store and because of the policy I have to WAIT 3 more months before I could listen to them on this newly bought used Macbook Air, because I need to wait until August to deauthorize all computers. Apparently I must have done that last year, and this feature is only good once a year.

I can not watch any of my legit movies downloaded from my bluray codes either with Apple TV.

So please tell me why I am shunned from my own purchases?

This should be an easy DIY. Why should I need extra steps to contact customer service if I really want to play my own stuff ?!

Guess this is more feedback to Apple then asking for a solution. Obviously, Apple will tell me to contact customer service.

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 6:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 6:56 AM

From: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

"To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year."

I am guessing you already know that. Since you wish to provide feedback, click on this link for Apple products feedback links --> Product Feedback - Apple

Apple may not respond but your comment will be read.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2023 6:56 AM in response to gcmc

From: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

"To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year."

I am guessing you already know that. Since you wish to provide feedback, click on this link for Apple products feedback links --> Product Feedback - Apple

Apple may not respond but your comment will be read.

Jun 6, 2023 6:59 AM in response to gcmc

Apple does not overtly say why it has this policy. I could see it being related to preventing abuse of the music licensing system and perhaps being imposed by others who may not wish for 50 computers, say, to all being authorized to one account. The solution may be you need to make sure you deauthorize in a more timely fashion.

It's annoying to have computer authorization!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.