You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M2 2023, use Dell Dock D6000

I purchased a MacBook Pro M2 2023. I want to connect it to the monitor's work provided to work from home. The Monitors are Dell use HDMR and connect to a D6000 docking station. Is there a way to hook my Mac to the dual monitors? The monitors only have HDMR ports the dock station only has 1 HDMI port. Here is what I have tried.

HDMI to MAC = No luck

Type c to Mac = No luck

I have a metal gleam series 11 CAUUB-CT0G LX211201 and tried using it and no luck.

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 11:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 7:33 AM

Hi, I recently solved this for my entire company about 1.5 year ago for the M1 macs. You will need to download a software called Displaylink for your mac, allow screen recording and then connect your dock. This software is what will virtual your display and provide you with additional/ external displays. Give it a try!

Only issue I have been seeing with the M2 macs and the D6000 docks are that they seem to work seamlessly with the D6000S docks than just the D6000- Im not sure why...

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2023 7:33 AM in response to mlopez60120

Hi, I recently solved this for my entire company about 1.5 year ago for the M1 macs. You will need to download a software called Displaylink for your mac, allow screen recording and then connect your dock. This software is what will virtual your display and provide you with additional/ external displays. Give it a try!

Only issue I have been seeing with the M2 macs and the D6000 docks are that they seem to work seamlessly with the D6000S docks than just the D6000- Im not sure why...

Nov 23, 2023 8:07 AM in response to lijaun

This worked perfectly for my MBA M2 2022. The only think you didn't mention, was a reboot is necessary for this to work.

I now have an Acer VG240Y P for my second monitor linked via USB-C --> HDMI. External mouse Logitec MX Master 2S with Logitec Unifying Receiver and external speakers through the jack in the docs.

The displaylink software can be fetched from Synaptics website. https://www.synaptics.com/products/displaylink-graphics

MacBook Pro M2 2023, use Dell Dock D6000

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.