You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

small dot on the screen of a macbook pro 14

3 weeks ago I bought a macbook pro 14 M1,

today I noticed a tiny spot on the screen, resembling a dead pixel.

I thought it was dust but after wiping the screen with a soft cloth it was still there.

I took some photos.

The screen itself has no scratches or cracks.

Could it be a damage to the screen pixel/matrix or just the outer glass?

Is it possible to repair it under warranty?

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 4:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 6:28 PM

_axnkr Said:

"small dot on the screen of a macbook pro 14 [...]Although I only bought this mac a few weeks ago,[...]"

-------

Who is the seller? If Apple, then take it in for service. If not Apple, then return it to the seller, as it seems you have bene sold a damaged device.

So, Get this Serviced:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty on this. So, Apple might fix it free of charge, if found to be a faulty device. Set up a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. There, it will be looked at and you'll be provided with your options.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2023 6:28 PM in response to _axnkr

_axnkr Said:

"small dot on the screen of a macbook pro 14 [...]Although I only bought this mac a few weeks ago,[...]"

-------

Who is the seller? If Apple, then take it in for service. If not Apple, then return it to the seller, as it seems you have bene sold a damaged device.

So, Get this Serviced:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty on this. So, Apple might fix it free of charge, if found to be a faulty device. Set up a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. There, it will be looked at and you'll be provided with your options.

Jun 7, 2023 5:56 PM in response to _axnkr

_axnkr Said:

"small dot on the screen of a macbook pro 14"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Take a Screenshot:

What happens when you take a screenshot? If you don't see it in the screenshot, then it is a pixelation issue, and you should get this serviced. If it do see it in the screenshot, then it is an issue with the macOS, and you would need to redistill the macOS. So, take a screenshot and then reply back if it is shown. Make your Desktop's background all white when taking the screenshot, to easily troubleshoot this. Link: Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 7, 2023 6:25 PM in response to TheLittles

I wonder if it could be damage to the glass or coating on the screen..

Although I only bought this mac a few weeks ago,

and there are no scratches or signs of damage except for one micro dot that looks like a pixel.

Could I have somehow caused this to appear while using the laptop?

Does the warranty cover the repair of such damage?

small dot on the screen of a macbook pro 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.