You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Japanese input is sometimes not loaded

Hi Community!

There are some issue on starting Japanese input. I have no idea on what's the trigger is, but my Japanese input could not be loaded and the computer does not accept some input from the keyboard - for example, command+w, command+t, and Japanese input. Curiously, command+q works.

When it happens, my keyboard source says "........." on Japanese - Romaji area as an attached image. Usually, there should be some settings - like Live Conversion, Help, etc.

It could be solved only by restarting my computer, but I would like to know the exact issue and remove it, or would like to restart the process. Does any of you have any idea what I can do?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 1:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 6:02 AM

Something must be messed up, it should look like mine shown in the picture below. Try a safe boot

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

3 replies

Japanese input is sometimes not loaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.