You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect Move Record

My move record has been 4168 since August 2021. For some reason, the fitness app now tells me my record is 2312 and was set near the end of last month. When I go back to the day that I set the 4168 record, the data is still there in the fitness app. And under the awards for that day, it says I earned a new move record award on that day, and it correctly says that the record set that day was 4168. I tried restarting my phone and my watch, and I tried unpairing my watch and then pairing it again, but I’m still being told that my record is 2312 instead of 4168.

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 5:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 6:00 AM

If you're experiencing issues with your Apple Watch not accurately reflecting your move record in the Fitness app, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Sync Data: Make sure your Apple Watch and iPhone are properly synced. Ensure that both devices have a stable internet connection, and that they are in close proximity to each other. Open the Fitness app on your iPhone and wait for it to sync the data from your Apple Watch. Sometimes, it can take a few moments for the data to update.
  2. Update iOS and watchOS: Ensure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest software versions. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update, and on your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If updates are available, install them and check if the issue persists.
  3. Force Restart: Perform a force restart on both your iPhone and Apple Watch. For iPhone models with a Home button, press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. For iPhone models without a Home button (iPhone X and later), press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and quickly release the Volume Down button, and finally, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears. For Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown until the Apple logo is displayed.
  4. Reset Sync Data: On your iPhone, go to the Fitness app, tap on the "Today" tab, then tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner. Scroll down and select "Reset Calibration Data" and confirm the action. This will reset the calibration data and might help resolve the issue.
  5. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps resolve the problem, it's recommended to contact Apple Support. They can provide further assistance and troubleshoot the issue specific to your Apple Watch and iPhone configuration.

Remember to explain the steps you've already taken when reaching out to Apple Support, as this will help them understand the issue more accurately and provide appropriate solutions.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2023 6:00 AM in response to MrTennisGuy

If you're experiencing issues with your Apple Watch not accurately reflecting your move record in the Fitness app, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Sync Data: Make sure your Apple Watch and iPhone are properly synced. Ensure that both devices have a stable internet connection, and that they are in close proximity to each other. Open the Fitness app on your iPhone and wait for it to sync the data from your Apple Watch. Sometimes, it can take a few moments for the data to update.
  2. Update iOS and watchOS: Ensure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest software versions. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update, and on your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If updates are available, install them and check if the issue persists.
  3. Force Restart: Perform a force restart on both your iPhone and Apple Watch. For iPhone models with a Home button, press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. For iPhone models without a Home button (iPhone X and later), press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and quickly release the Volume Down button, and finally, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears. For Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown until the Apple logo is displayed.
  4. Reset Sync Data: On your iPhone, go to the Fitness app, tap on the "Today" tab, then tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner. Scroll down and select "Reset Calibration Data" and confirm the action. This will reset the calibration data and might help resolve the issue.
  5. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps resolve the problem, it's recommended to contact Apple Support. They can provide further assistance and troubleshoot the issue specific to your Apple Watch and iPhone configuration.

Remember to explain the steps you've already taken when reaching out to Apple Support, as this will help them understand the issue more accurately and provide appropriate solutions.

Incorrect Move Record

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.