You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I copy an image to the clipboard on ipad?

Hi!

I tried checking the help articles regarding this and I couldn't find anything that works for me :(

I want to copy an image from my browser to the clipboard and paste it somewhere else. How can I do this? Thanks!

iPad Pro (4th generation)

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 4:21 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2024 12:50 PM in response to Demo

This hasn’t worked for me. I try to save articles from the internet using either Word or Pages on my ipad pro 11”. I can copy/paste text just fine. But I can’t copy the logo image that is on the webpage so I can show where the article is from. For example I am trying to copy the logo image for Four Leaf Rover. It has a 4 leaf clover pic for the “O” in Rover. Only the text is copied and not the logo image.

May I also ask why when I copy paste a full length magazine article from online, the pictures for the article don’t copy/paste. Only the text.

Is there an easier way to save articles to a place that I can highlight text and maybe add a star next to import info? I’ve tried Word and am now using Pages. But it is so very time consuming. I wish I could just highlight articles online and be able to bookmark the article and when I would open the arrticle again all the highlighting would still be on the page.

Jun 10, 2023 4:49 AM in response to Snollebol

You use the same process as copying and pasting text. Hold down on the image to get to the contextual menu and select Copy. Then open the document, file, note or wherever you want to paste the image. Tap and hold down on the screen and select paste.

The clipboard on an iOS device is invisible. You can’t see what has been copied. As soon as you copy something else, you overwrite whatever was previously copied.

How do I copy an image to the clipboard on ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.