You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot attach documents to email in iCloud

I am suddenly unable to attach a document to my iCloud email. Started about 2 to 3 weeks ago and it is not all documents. Seems to be some Word docs and some Adobe PDFs, each from different folders on my hard drive. I have several PDFs that I need to share with others and have to go to a different email account (non-iCloud) to attach and send them. What is the problem?? And more importantly, how can I fix and/or avoid this? Thanks to all who can help.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 12:46 PM

3 replies

Jun 12, 2023 1:52 PM in response to FranBalt

Perhaps this issue and resolution I encountered yesterday is related.

I used my iCloud email address to send a 35 page PDF document (45 megabytes) via iPad (iPadOS 16.5). Doing so, I chose to invoke Mail Drop, Apple’s method for sending huge attachments.

Mail Drop limits - Apple Support

I then got an error message about iCloud’s outgoing mail server not responding. This happened repeatedly as I retried the transmission.

Then on thinking about it, it seemed very odd that I heard the swoosh sound of sending mail immediately when I sent the message, as I have Settings > Mail > Undo Send Delay set to 10 seconds. So I tried setting the value to “Off” and indeed that solved my issue!

This seems like a defect to me, and I reported it to Apple.

Cannot attach documents to email in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.