You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching families

If i was to switch my family sharing to a different account with the same amount of icloud storage, would i keep all the the things i have put in my icloud with another account

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 3:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 3:42 PM

No. The moment you exit the first Family Group, you would no longer have access to the shared iCloud storage and anything exceeding 5GB would be deleted from iCloud.

Make sure you download and backup anything stored on iCloud you want to preserve through the switch.

Also note, that you can only change Family Groups once per year.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2023 3:42 PM in response to Zacharywhite152

No. The moment you exit the first Family Group, you would no longer have access to the shared iCloud storage and anything exceeding 5GB would be deleted from iCloud.

Make sure you download and backup anything stored on iCloud you want to preserve through the switch.

Also note, that you can only change Family Groups once per year.

Switching families

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.