You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod and TV audio volume not syncing

Hello I just got a brand new philips oled+ TV and I have 2 homepod stereo pairs also/ At the temporary output, I select my homepods alongside with the TV audio. They all give out the audio, I do the wireless audio sync also but the issue comes at the volume. Apple tv only sets the volume of the TV speakers itseld. I have to manually long press home button, open control center, select audio, select homepods and there have to press + or - buttons to set the levels of homepods. Can't I just sync all audio to same level and increase decrease or mute them together?

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 10:57 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 17, 2023 12:44 PM in response to misterrium

Hello misterrium,

We understand you're having an issue with volume control and we'd like to help.

Check to ensure that both the HomePods are on the same Wi-Fi network. If they aren't this would cause the issue you're having.

We also want to provide a resource that will help you with setting up home theater audio with HomePod or HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K.

Set up home theater audio with HomePod or HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Jun 17, 2023 8:27 PM in response to misterrium

First of all you need to set the HomePods as the default audio on your Apple TV and set up Homekit & AirPlay on the ATV assigning the ATV to the same room you assigned HomePods to. You can only have one or one stereo paired as the default audio. On the same wifi network, all signed into the same Apple ID.

Set up home theater audio with HomePod or HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Im not clear if you have 2 or 4 HomePods (2 sets of paired). If it’s the latter, then yes you need control centre to manually adjust them but once you’ve set the volume the Siri remote should control all, no matter what volumes they are set to. If you have two HomePods, paired, you shouldn’t need to use control Center, if using the default audio setting. You may also point the remote at HomePods to adjust volume.

Homepod and TV audio volume not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.