You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying Popups

All of a sudden, when I sign on, I keep getting these pop-ups from Norton and McAfee virus protection. How do I

get rid of them?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 4:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 7:45 AM

Are those popups appearing at the upper right of your screen?

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings (or Preferences) menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

Related: How do I stop mcAfee fake renewal notifications - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2023 7:45 AM in response to Annoyingpopups

Are those popups appearing at the upper right of your screen?

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings (or Preferences) menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

Related: How do I stop mcAfee fake renewal notifications - Apple Community

Annoying Popups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.