You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant install macOS High Sierra

I tried to erase all data on my MacBook Air, so I went to recovery mode and erased Macintosh HD. Tried to restart after that but the only thing that appeared was a blinking question mark , so I tried to install macOS High Sierra in recovery mode( I can only access recovery mode). But no matter what I do the error “can’t contact recovery server”( translated from Swedish) keeps popping up. I tried resetting the time, so it matches mine and I also tried setting the time to when high sierra was released. I also have good work connection. But even with all of this nothing works, what do I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 1:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 4:11 PM

Start up from macOS Recovery

Option-⌘-R

Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.

APFS won't work for Sierra, Sierra needs MacOS Extended Journaled. High Sierra won't work for APFS on earlier Macs.

What has often worked for others is to use this Restore Method instead of CMD+r keys...

Option-⌘-R

2017 iMac failing to install Sierra in re… - Apple Community

Clean Install of High Sierra: Multiple Fa… - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2023 4:11 PM in response to Nxmiie

Start up from macOS Recovery

Option-⌘-R

APFS won't work for Sierra, Sierra needs MacOS Extended Journaled. High Sierra won't work for APFS on earlier Macs.

What has often worked for others is to use this Restore Method instead of CMD+r keys...

Option-⌘-R

2017 iMac failing to install Sierra in re… - Apple Community

Clean Install of High Sierra: Multiple Fa… - Apple Community

Cant install macOS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.