You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness app stuck displaying Fitness+ advertisement

My Fitness icon seems to now redirect to the Fitness+ promotional screen rather than the app that displays my accumulated fitness data. From that (truly annoying and ugly) promotional screen, I can’t get to my Summary screen, or at least I have found no swipe or option that allows that. I just see a very busy promotion for Fitness+, and the only options are “subscribe to a free trial” and “get an annual subscription”. I want neither.

I don’t want any part of Fitness+, I just want what I had until this morning, my local display of my own fitness data via the Fitness app.

I have tried killing the process, I have rebooted the iPad, I disabled all notifications for Fitness in Settings, no luck. I put the network in Airplane Mode and the ugly promotional screen is inaccessible, but there is still no way to get to the old app Summary screen. I don’t want to delete the app because then I lose my fitness data. Ideas?

TIA

iPad Pro (5th generation)

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 6:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 1:46 PM

Did you ever get an answer to the fitness vs fitness+ issue. I'm dealing with it too.

4 replies

Fitness app stuck displaying Fitness+ advertisement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.