You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the supervision from my ipad?

I bought my ipad from my employer, and it reads that the ipad is supervised and managed by the company. There is no IT person in my site to remove that. How can I do it? I already reseted to factory settings, but nothing happened.

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 7:24 AM

Apple Support is unable to assist with this. Only the company supervising the device can remove it.

That said, a supervised device and a managed device are not the same. Some supervised devices are managed, and some managed devices are supervised. Best practice is that all managed devices are supervised.

If you look in Settings > General > VPN & Device Management, if nothing is there, the device isn't managed. That said, if the device is not released properly by an organization, wiping the device could return it to a managed state.

The OP should attempt to wipe the device and set it up as a new device. This will show whether the device is still connected to management or not. If released properly, it will remove the digital watermark that says the device is supervised by the org.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2023 7:24 AM in response to Carol B.

Apple Support is unable to assist with this. Only the company supervising the device can remove it.

That said, a supervised device and a managed device are not the same. Some supervised devices are managed, and some managed devices are supervised. Best practice is that all managed devices are supervised.

If you look in Settings > General > VPN & Device Management, if nothing is there, the device isn't managed. That said, if the device is not released properly by an organization, wiping the device could return it to a managed state.

The OP should attempt to wipe the device and set it up as a new device. This will show whether the device is still connected to management or not. If released properly, it will remove the digital watermark that says the device is supervised by the org.

How do I remove the supervision from my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.