You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I connect to wifi, I get a "weak security" message. How do I set up WPA2/WPA3

When I connect to wifi, I get a "weak security" message. How do I set up WPA2/WPA3?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 8:17 AM

Change the security settings on your router to WPA3 or to WPA2 AES. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have the instructions for your router, do an internet search for instructions for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, check their website or customer support. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2023 8:17 AM in response to GoKlahanie

Change the security settings on your router to WPA3 or to WPA2 AES. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have the instructions for your router, do an internet search for instructions for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, check their website or customer support. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

When I connect to wifi, I get a "weak security" message. How do I set up WPA2/WPA3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.