You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and home hub

Apple tv’s and home hub

I have two apple tv’s, both 4k but one is older and one is newest. I have several eve outlets in use and these outlets will only work with the newest Apple TV as the home hub/thread network. Unfortunately, my old Apple TV is taking the top spot as home hub and my eve outlets no longer work…

does anyone know how I can select the newer Apple TV as my home hub? This is frustrating, I did it once before but forgot and not the problem is back.

thanks for any help

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 3:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 4:05 PM

First, delete the old Apple TV. Then add the new Apple TV to your home hub.

Set up Apple TV as a home hub

Apple TV* will automatically become a home hub when you add it to HomeKit.

1. Open Settings on Apple TV.
  2. Select Users and Accounts. Make sure your name is selected under Default User and you've signed in to iCloud with the Apple ID that you used to set up your HomeKit and Matter accessories in the Home app.
  3. Go back to Apple TV Settings, then select AirPlay and HomeKit.
  4. Scroll down and select Room, then choose a room or add a new room.

If your home hub isn't working as expected

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV or iPad as a home hub – Apple Support (AU)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2023 4:05 PM in response to Southpawguitar

First, delete the old Apple TV. Then add the new Apple TV to your home hub.

Set up Apple TV as a home hub

Apple TV* will automatically become a home hub when you add it to HomeKit.

1. Open Settings on Apple TV.
  2. Select Users and Accounts. Make sure your name is selected under Default User and you've signed in to iCloud with the Apple ID that you used to set up your HomeKit and Matter accessories in the Home app.
  3. Go back to Apple TV Settings, then select AirPlay and HomeKit.
  4. Scroll down and select Room, then choose a room or add a new room.

If your home hub isn't working as expected

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV or iPad as a home hub – Apple Support (AU)

Apple TV and home hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.