You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving notes on iCloud only

Hello All, first timer here!

need help please with how to keep coy of notes on iCloud but delete a lot off my phone???? Thnx

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 2:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 3:17 PM

InitaNialedge wrote:

Hello All, first timer here!
need help please with how to keep coy of notes on iCloud but delete a lot off my phone???? Thnx

Sorry doesn't work that way if you're syncing them to icloud. If you delete from phone it deletes from icloud and vice versa.

4 replies

May 20, 2024 4:40 AM in response to InitaNialedge

Makes absolutely no sense. You can store your pictures and videos, documents and backups of third party apps and their data. But Notes mandates a local place on your phone or iPad. I don’t get it. It’s my most used app storage wise and it doesn’t have to be. At least the option to store locally a certain amount or certain timeline of notes, backing up the rest in iCloud

Saving notes on iCloud only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.