You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Hello, I have such a problem. I bought it in 2018 in the Imac store, but for some reason, the Imac data (21.5-inch, Late 2012). It turns out that my computer was 6 years old? Now macOS Catalina 10.15.7 is installed. Can I install macOS Monterey or Ventura? how to do this please tell me

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 6:42 AM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2023 12:04 AM in response to LenarCyprus

Catalina is the end of the line for a Late 2012 iMac – which may limit your ability to purchase applications from the likes of Microsoft and Adobe, now that Catalina is no longer one of "the most recent three." Since Safari updates are tied to macOS updates, your version of Safari hasn't been getting any updates for close to 3 years.

There are some applications that will still run on your Mac and that may help you get more life out of it.

The Firefox Web browser will run on Catalina. Catalina can run 117.0, the current version. This might help if you're running into sites that don't display properly in Catalina's version of Safari – or that complain that you ought to be using a newer browser for security reasons.

Pages, Numbers, and Keynote handle a lot of things well, but if you're looking for a straight word processor along the lines of Microsoft Word, LibreOffice 7.5.5 and 7.6.0 will run on Catalina. (7.5.5 is the stable version; 7.6.0 is the one for people who want to be guinea pigs.)

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) will run on Catalina. It's a photo editor that you might use for complex photo editing tasks (like those involving layers) that go beyond the limits of what you can do in Photos.

Some commercial programs like the Affinity V2 suite (Photo 2, Designer 2, Publisher 2), Carbon Copy Cloner, and SuperDuper! are also compatible with Catalina.

macOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.