You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download purchased Pages, Keypoint on Late 14 iMac High Sierra

I upgraded my iMac and now run Ventura. I kept a Late 2014 iMac 5K that I would like to use, but the OS was corrupted without a backup. I successfully reinstalled High Sierra (10.13.6) from a purchased reinstall flash drive, and the OS is working.

I am trying to reinstall older 32-bit versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keypoint using the App Store, Purchased. All were purchased on January 28, 2016 and show up under my Apple ID in the Purchased tab at the top. When I click "Install", a window opens and asks if I want to "Download an older version of Pages", and I click "Download". Immediately afterward, I keep getting a window that says "Pages failed to download, Use the Purchased page to try again", but it never seems to work after numerous attempts.

Surprisingly, I was able to download and install Numbers, which had the same purchase date, and it seems to works fine. But Pages and Keypoint still fail to download.

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 3:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 7:17 PM

I've seen that but sadly haven't seen a cure. :(

Look into the Free LibreOffice, it handles MS Office files like Word & Excel, & Page Layout…

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Thanks to Matti Haveri

MS Office for Mac Mini - Apple Community

LibreOffice 4.0.6.2_MacOS_PPC works in OS X 10.5.8 (last official PowerPC version).

LibreOffice 4.3.7.2_MacOS_x86.dmg (and x86-64?) works in OS X 10.6.

LibreOffice 7.0.4 works in macOS 10.11 and 10.14.

https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

Thanks to Servant o Cats…

LibreOffice is up to

• Version 7.5.4 – Requires Mojave or later
  • Version 7.4.7 – Requires High Sierra or later

Release notes indicate that as of August 2023, new versions of LibreOffice will likely require Catalina or later.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2023 7:17 PM in response to Henry Gewin

I've seen that but sadly haven't seen a cure. :(

Look into the Free LibreOffice, it handles MS Office files like Word & Excel, & Page Layout…

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Thanks to Matti Haveri

MS Office for Mac Mini - Apple Community

LibreOffice 4.0.6.2_MacOS_PPC works in OS X 10.5.8 (last official PowerPC version).

LibreOffice 4.3.7.2_MacOS_x86.dmg (and x86-64?) works in OS X 10.6.

LibreOffice 7.0.4 works in macOS 10.11 and 10.14.

https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

Thanks to Servant o Cats…

LibreOffice is up to

• Version 7.5.4 – Requires Mojave or later
  • Version 7.4.7 – Requires High Sierra or later

Release notes indicate that as of August 2023, new versions of LibreOffice will likely require Catalina or later.

Jun 24, 2023 5:22 AM in response to Henry Gewin

Makes me nervous to hear you purchased High Sierra on a USB stick, as other than Malwarebytes, there would be no means to verify the integrity of the operating system from bad actors.

You should be able to launch the Mac App Store, signing in with the identical Apple ID that you used originally in 2016. Having done that, you should press the option-key while clicking the Purchased toolbar item. The resulting Purchased panel should show Pages, Numbers, and Keynote available with either an install or update button. Clicking said button should present either one or two dialogs, neither of which should you click Cancel. The last one should offer to install the last compatible version of the relevant application for High Sierra.

If the second paragraph fails for Pages or Keynote, then you are are left with the decision to use the counterpart application on iCloud, or get your data files from High Sierra and open, then convert to Word on Ventura, then take those Word documents back to High Sierra and choose an alternative word processing solution that accepts those Word documents. As mentioned by BDAqua, the free LibreOffice is the most comprehensive Office clone for the price and you will need a version for High Sierra.

Jun 24, 2023 8:23 AM in response to VikingOSX

It turns out, when I checked the System Information, that this was an older iMac, Mid-2011. I replaced it with a Late 2014 iMac, which I sold when I purchased the current 2020 iMac (I forgot about the middle iMac and assumed that this idle iMac was the 2014). So the latest software that I can install on this 2011 iMac is High Sierra.

This computer will just be used for checking emails, messages and possibly working on simple documents, so I think that I am set. Thanks again for your advice.

Jun 24, 2023 8:27 AM in response to VikingOSX

Yes, I was nervous to install from the flash drive, but I really had no other option because the OS would not install with every effort of Mac Recovery. The installation from the flash drive (purchased through Amazon) went well, and I have performed a security update successfully.

I was able to install Pages and Keynote after several attempts - I guess the server wasn't available during the previous attempts. Thanks again for your excellent advice.

Cannot download purchased Pages, Keypoint on Late 14 iMac High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.