You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hey is it possible to add extra iCloud storage to my phone from my Mac

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 9:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 9:15 PM

No. Storage on your iPhone is fixed. It cannot be increased.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

3 replies

Jun 24, 2023 9:16 PM in response to AbbieGracefox

You can share the iCloud storage space, that you purchased, with all devices that use the same Apple ID. If your iPhone is using the same Apple ID as your Mac, then both of the devices can share that subscribed iCloud space.

——-

You cannot add space to your iPhone or increase its physical storage space. You can use iCloud and use it to sync information between all the devices that use the same Apple ID.

Axel F.

Jun 24, 2023 11:00 PM in response to AbbieGracefox

If your iPhone and your Mac are both connected to the same AppleID / iCloud account, you should be able to use your Mac to upgrade to a higher-cost iCloud plan that offers more iCloud storage.

This would give you more space to synchronize things via iCloud Photos or iCloud Drive. it would not increase the amount of local storage on your iPhone or on your Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.