You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time machine backup

When I get an onscreen reminder to backup it says "the most recent backup did not complete because your computer was running out of battery". I know that my MacBook Air was connected to the mains charger while the last backup was in progress. What is causing this, does it matter, and what should I do? (MacBook Air, M1, 2020; Ventura 13.4)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 2:21 AM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2023 4:06 PM in response to BanffAmman

Hey BanffAmman,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand your backup failed to complete due to battery issues. We could only speculate as to what occurred, perhaps the cable or charger lost connection or something. There's really no way for us to know, however the best thing to do is to plug your Mac to its charger and manually complete a backup using these steps:

Back up manually. To start a backup manually, without waiting for the next automatic backup, choose Back Up Now from the Time Machine menu  in the menu bar.

This is outlined further here: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Time machine backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.