You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not sure if my Mac was backed up to Time Machine how can I restore my documents after my Mac was repaired

Liquid got into my system and I received it back from Apple. I can seem to restore my documents from iCloud including my Microsoft office

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 9:56 AM

lindaonyx wrote:

Liquid got into my system and I received it back from Apple. I can seem to restore my documents from iCloud including my Microsoft office

I assume you meant "can't" rather than "can".

iCloud is not a computer backup mechanism. You would have had to create a backup of your data using Time Machine or similar backup tool prior to the computer being damaged. If you did not create a backup then I'm afraid your data is gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 25, 2023 9:56 AM in response to lindaonyx

lindaonyx wrote:

I assume you meant "can't" rather than "can".

iCloud is not a computer backup mechanism. You would have had to create a backup of your data using Time Machine or similar backup tool prior to the computer being damaged. If you did not create a backup then I'm afraid your data is gone.

I am not sure if my Mac was backed up to Time Machine how can I restore my documents after my Mac was repaired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.