You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Single Apple ID multiple devices - Limits and risks

We have more than 10 iPads and want to use it with single Apple ID.

There are some historical "rumors" about 10 device limit, but system let us to link more than 10 iPad devices on same Apple ID without any warning/notification.

1. Does that 10 device limit still relevant? I want to make sure that more than 10 iPads can be safely used with same Apple ID.
  2. If there are some kind of potential issues with more than 10 iPads - where I could find information about it to evaluate is it relevant in our use case?

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 5:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 6:04 AM

If you’re attempting to manage for an organization you’ll want to use a MDM solution instead. https://www.apple.com/business/essentials/?afid=p238|sTPHTG5st-dt_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_649874822050_pgrid_74249144809_pntwk_g_pchan__pexid_30355655665_&cid=aos-us-kwgo---slid-tlBu14S3--product-

5 replies

Jun 29, 2023 6:24 AM in response to RK-Lithuania

Seams that there is no clear definition - what that 10 device limit is all about.

This View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support mentions that it some how relates with purchase services, but in the end I can register more than 10 devices under same Apple ID without clear warnings and signs that something is wrong. Strange

Single Apple ID multiple devices - Limits and risks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.