You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages on my ipad

I use to get all my phone messages on my iPhone XR. Since the latest upgrade on my ipad my phone messages go to iMessage on my iPad. How do I disable iMessages from going to my iPad? I want them only on the phone like it use to be….

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 2:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 2:41 PM

Hello bbw4182,

It sounds like you have the messages disabled on the iPhone and forwarded from the iPhone to the iPad.

Tap on Settings  > Messages. Tap Send & Receive. Tap each entry you want to receive messages on the iPhone from.

Next, tap on Settings > Messages. Tap Text Message Forwarding. Disable any device here that you do not want to receive the text messages.

Have a good day.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2023 2:41 PM in response to bbw4182

Hello bbw4182,

It sounds like you have the messages disabled on the iPhone and forwarded from the iPhone to the iPad.

Tap on Settings  > Messages. Tap Send & Receive. Tap each entry you want to receive messages on the iPhone from.

Next, tap on Settings > Messages. Tap Text Message Forwarding. Disable any device here that you do not want to receive the text messages.

Have a good day.

iMessages on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.