You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad will not Click. Moves but will not do anything.

Trackpad moves but will not “click” so does not do anything.

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 3:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 5:06 PM

Hello Mrokmeezur,

By "not click" I'm assuming you're talking about the Trackpads ability to actually click items on the screen and no the haptic feedback that follows. Unfortunately, there is little we can do on a community forum to help with hardware issues.

I would suggest force restarting the device - Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support.

Important: You can force a shutdown if necessary—for example, if your Mac becomes unresponsive—by pressing and holding the power button until your Mac shuts down. You may lose unsaved changes in open documents.

If this does not fix the issue it's possible the trackpad is broken or has something underneath preventing it from clicking. It is advised to schedule a Genius Bar appointment to have this further looked at - Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2023 5:06 PM in response to Mrokmeezur

Hello Mrokmeezur,

By "not click" I'm assuming you're talking about the Trackpads ability to actually click items on the screen and no the haptic feedback that follows. Unfortunately, there is little we can do on a community forum to help with hardware issues.

I would suggest force restarting the device - Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support.

Important: You can force a shutdown if necessary—for example, if your Mac becomes unresponsive—by pressing and holding the power button until your Mac shuts down. You may lose unsaved changes in open documents.

If this does not fix the issue it's possible the trackpad is broken or has something underneath preventing it from clicking. It is advised to schedule a Genius Bar appointment to have this further looked at - Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Trackpad will not Click. Moves but will not do anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.