You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter is able to access apps post downtime despite setting up Screen Time Limits

Despite setting up screen time, my daughter is still able to access what’s app, Roblox and YouTube long after downtime, am I doing something wrong??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 1:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2024 7:18 AM

I also can’t get screen time to work on my son’s phone. I have set the app limits to 1minute in Roblox, YouTube, Snapchat and other apps and I just checked this past week he has been using all of those apps for lo n we than 3hrs everyday! I clicked on the links in the support post and all of my settings are correct. This is a HUGE issue for safety since the only reason he is allowed to have a phone is because I thought I could control what apps he used and for how long but NONE of the screen time controls work! i am considering switching to a Bark or Gaab phone. Apple has really let us down

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2024 7:18 AM in response to KillianCR

I also can’t get screen time to work on my son’s phone. I have set the app limits to 1minute in Roblox, YouTube, Snapchat and other apps and I just checked this past week he has been using all of those apps for lo n we than 3hrs everyday! I clicked on the links in the support post and all of my settings are correct. This is a HUGE issue for safety since the only reason he is allowed to have a phone is because I thought I could control what apps he used and for how long but NONE of the screen time controls work! i am considering switching to a Bark or Gaab phone. Apple has really let us down

Jun 28, 2023 3:09 PM in response to Quinney71

Hello, my name is killian and i am also another member of Apple's Support Community website, but i will be helping you through your concerns today. Happy to help :)

im sorry to hear that you are having problems with the screen time feature on your Apple Product. Rest assured, i will try my best to help.

please ensure that you have correctly configured this setting on your Child's Device.

please verify this by using the appropriate links below:

1. Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

using the links above i really do think this will not be a problem much longer, this must be just a simple little error! nothing a bit of information cant fix :))

to conclude this, i hope that the information i have provided you with has been helpful and resourceful, and i also hope it resolves the problems indicated. if you do have further questions i would be most happily to answer them for you. simply respond to this reply and i will continue to help. other than that, it was a pleasure helping you today and i hope you have a really good day :))

Thank you,

Killian R

My daughter is able to access apps post downtime despite setting up Screen Time Limits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.