You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organizer

When I purchased an iPad Air 2 for my husband back in 2017 through AT&T phone provider, I was helping him set up his new iPad. While in the process in doing so, something must of happened while I was setting it up because, somehow I must have hit something making the iPad think he was the organizer. He has since passed away and I have not been able to figure out how to delete him as the organizer let alone make me the main organizer. On top of that, I’m having a major issue with removing a credit card in my payment method section and it’s ******* me off, because it’s removing money off of it that I’m not authorizing to do so. I have no subscriptions available or any other payments trying to come off and I do not owe anything so why isn’t it not allowing me to remove my card!

Please help.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 1:10 PM

For information about how to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account data, and possibly their equipment, click here --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

However, that specifically mentions "data", not full control.

You may find the easiest solution until you can get deeper access to his accounts would be to simply leave the family group and set it up again with you as Organizer.

To change Organizer you have to disband the current family and set up a new Family group with the different Organizer.

How to leave Family Sharing --> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

How to set up Family Sharing --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

From: Hi, how do I make me to family organizer,… - Apple Community

"If there are children under 13 years old, the new organizer needs to leave the existing family, set up the new family, and then the under 13 years old children can be transferred to the new family. Then disband the old family and join the new family."

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing ---> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2023 1:10 PM in response to Peanutnovo101

For information about how to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account data, and possibly their equipment, click here --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

However, that specifically mentions "data", not full control.

You may find the easiest solution until you can get deeper access to his accounts would be to simply leave the family group and set it up again with you as Organizer.

To change Organizer you have to disband the current family and set up a new Family group with the different Organizer.

How to leave Family Sharing --> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

How to set up Family Sharing --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

From: Hi, how do I make me to family organizer,… - Apple Community

"If there are children under 13 years old, the new organizer needs to leave the existing family, set up the new family, and then the under 13 years old children can be transferred to the new family. Then disband the old family and join the new family."

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing ---> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Organizer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.