You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen

My iPhone 11 Pro just stopped working early today, like the screen went black and it randomly flashes the apple logo. I do not know how this happened. I wanted to know if it would fix itself or would I have to get a new one?

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 8:31 PM

MHugh_06 Said:

"Black screen: My iPhone 11 Pro just stopped working early today, like the screen went black and it randomly flashes the apple logo. I do not know how this happened. I wanted to know if it would fix itself or would I have to get a new one? "

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Seem you iPhone may have tried to update itself, yet it got stalled while in the process. Now, you are in a boot loop. So, read the followup on completing this update.

Troubleshooting Failed Updates:

A. Why the Issue?

You lost connection to Apple's server. Perhaps Wi-Fi dropped? Or, perhaps there was too much data being swollen up on your part while connecting to a Public LAN(i.e. at a Library or a Campground)? Or, perhaps there is utility work down the street.

B. Getting Out of a Boot Loop:

Is your iPhone stuck in a Boot Loop? When this update installation stalls while in the process, this can result in your iPhone being in a Boot LoopSo, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are availabe, they will install, sure enough.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2023 8:31 PM in response to MHugh_06

MHugh_06 Said:

"Black screen: My iPhone 11 Pro just stopped working early today, like the screen went black and it randomly flashes the apple logo. I do not know how this happened. I wanted to know if it would fix itself or would I have to get a new one? "

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Seem you iPhone may have tried to update itself, yet it got stalled while in the process. Now, you are in a boot loop. So, read the followup on completing this update.

Troubleshooting Failed Updates:

A. Why the Issue?

You lost connection to Apple's server. Perhaps Wi-Fi dropped? Or, perhaps there was too much data being swollen up on your part while connecting to a Public LAN(i.e. at a Library or a Campground)? Or, perhaps there is utility work down the street.

B. Getting Out of a Boot Loop:

Is your iPhone stuck in a Boot Loop? When this update installation stalls while in the process, this can result in your iPhone being in a Boot LoopSo, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are availabe, they will install, sure enough.

Black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.