You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into Apple ID on Intel MacBook after transfer

I recently transfered my M1 MacBook Pro to an Intel MacBook Pro. Everything works as expected. The only issue that I have is I can't log into my Apple ID on the Intel MacBook. When I try to do it, it asks me for a confirmation code on other devices but then nothing happens, I am just turned back to log in screen. It then continue to show as being logged in if I look into my Apple account on other devices, but not on the Intel MacBook. So far I tried:

• multiple restars
  • create a different administrator account on the same MacBook and log in there with the same Apple ID -- it works
  • log out of the M1 MacBook Pro and log into the new one
  • removing keychain files
  • reinstall OS

I'm running out of options. This is clearly a bug. Anyone has any insights into how to solve it?

MacOS Version: Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82)

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 2:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 7:37 AM

florinzf wrote:

• I recently transfered my M1 MacBook Pro to an Intel MacBook Pro. Everything works as expected. The only issue that I have is I can't log into my Apple ID on the Intel MacBook. When I try to do it, it asks me for a confirmation code on other devices but then nothing happens, I am just turned back to log in screen. It then continue to show as being logged in if I look into my Apple account on other devices, but not on the Intel MacBook. So far I tried:
multiple restars
• create a different administrator account on the same MacBook and log in there with the same Apple ID -- it works
• reinstall OS

I'm running out of options. This is clearly a bug. Anyone has any insights into how to solve it?

Thanks!

If you've set up your Apple ID and need help signing in to or using iCloud,

Ref:

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

Still no luck—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2023 7:37 AM in response to florinzf

florinzf wrote:

• I recently transfered my M1 MacBook Pro to an Intel MacBook Pro. Everything works as expected. The only issue that I have is I can't log into my Apple ID on the Intel MacBook. When I try to do it, it asks me for a confirmation code on other devices but then nothing happens, I am just turned back to log in screen. It then continue to show as being logged in if I look into my Apple account on other devices, but not on the Intel MacBook. So far I tried:
multiple restars
• reinstall OS

Thanks!

If you've set up your Apple ID and need help signing in to or using iCloud,

Ref:

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

Still no luck—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Can't log into Apple ID on Intel MacBook after transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.