You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with uploading photos to iCloud

I am currently subscribed to the iCloud+ 200 GB plan, but have 210 GB of photos and videos I want to upload. I tried uploading them last night, and expected it to upload the first 200 GB only and leave out the remaining 10, but it in fact uploaded nothing and just said “Your iPhone can’t be backed up”. Is there something I can do to upload those 200 GB of photos and videos without having to waste money on the 1 TB plan because of 10 extra gigabytes?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 5:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 5:36 PM

DrYeet Said:

Help with uploading photos to iCloud: I am currently subscribed to the iCloud+ 200 GB plan, but have 210 GB of photos and videos I want to upload. […]

———-

Uploading Items to iCloud:

Unless you have enough capacity, you’re just not going to be able to upload all of these. So, you’ll have to go for the 2TB iCloud Plan —whichever is an option to you. Go here: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

A. Uploading Photos to iCloud:

Enable Photos in iCloud on your iPhone. If enabled, then they should popup in iCloud. So, Perform the following in the order provided::

Perform the Following:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos

Or…

B. Export and then Compress and then Upload:

Using my a computer. You might be able to export your entire photos library to a folder you create on your Desktop. Once exported, compress the folder by right-clicking on the folder, and then selecting “Compress…”. Next, upload these to iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2023 5:36 PM in response to DrYeet

DrYeet Said:

Help with uploading photos to iCloud: I am currently subscribed to the iCloud+ 200 GB plan, but have 210 GB of photos and videos I want to upload. […]

———-

Uploading Items to iCloud:

Unless you have enough capacity, you’re just not going to be able to upload all of these. So, you’ll have to go for the 2TB iCloud Plan —whichever is an option to you. Go here: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

A. Uploading Photos to iCloud:

Enable Photos in iCloud on your iPhone. If enabled, then they should popup in iCloud. So, Perform the following in the order provided::

Perform the Following:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos

Or…

B. Export and then Compress and then Upload:

Using my a computer. You might be able to export your entire photos library to a folder you create on your Desktop. Once exported, compress the folder by right-clicking on the folder, and then selecting “Compress…”. Next, upload these to iCloud Drive.

Help with uploading photos to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.