You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My att.net (Yahoo) mail stopped working on iMac

My att.net (Yahoo) mail stopped working on my IMAC. Using OS Catalina..up to date. I deleted the account and tried to add it back. I'm unable to do this. I am able to add other email accounts. Also, my wife's att.net email account still works....

Any ideas??

Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 7:02 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 29, 2023 4:56 PM in response to coyoteCom

coyoteCom wrote:

I'm having a similar issue, it may have something to do with removing links to "iCloud".

Nope. The issue is the Yahoo mail servers are crap and always have been. they have a nasty habit of getting out of sync with each other. There are hundreds and you have no control over which one you hit.

The only way to avoid it entirely is either use the yahoo mail app or use web based email.

You can try to get things working again by deleting the account, rebooting your phone and going somewhere else... a different WiFi network in another location where the ISP's egress point to the Internet will have a different IP address, or try switching to cell data instead of WiFi or vice versa.

My att.net (Yahoo) mail stopped working on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.