You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 14 only vibrates once while ringing

iphone 14 only vibrates once while ringing very quickly. In silent or in regular mode. Already tried doing a reset to all settings and problem still occurs. Tried different vibration patterns which all vibrate ok and still does the same thing quick vibe during ringing. I keep missing calls while my phone is in silent in my pocket. I have the haptic settings turned on and vibrate is also on in accessibility. I’m on IOS 16.5.1. Issue started yesterday all of a sudden. Nearest Apple Store is 4 hours from me. What can I do?

iPhone 14

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 4:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 1:15 PM

Here is an update for anyone who has this vibrate once quickly and then not vibrate but continue ringing. I chose a softer vibrate pattern “heartbeat” and now the phone continues to vibrate normally during ringing or even in silent. What I think is happening is the vibrate rapid or any of the other patterns start too strong and possibly overheat the vibration motor or a sensor. Choosing heartbeat which vibrates quickly and pauses between quick vibrations seems to not trigger whatever was turning it off before. I can live with it this way. Hopefully will last a couple years. Cheers

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2023 1:15 PM in response to H1290

Here is an update for anyone who has this vibrate once quickly and then not vibrate but continue ringing. I chose a softer vibrate pattern “heartbeat” and now the phone continues to vibrate normally during ringing or even in silent. What I think is happening is the vibrate rapid or any of the other patterns start too strong and possibly overheat the vibration motor or a sensor. Choosing heartbeat which vibrates quickly and pauses between quick vibrations seems to not trigger whatever was turning it off before. I can live with it this way. Hopefully will last a couple years. Cheers

Jul 1, 2023 5:17 PM in response to Rudeman11

Hello Rudeman11!

First, please Force restart your iPhone.

If that doesn’t fix the issue, then maybe it’d be best if you contact Apple Support to further investigate this, as you seem to have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps.

To contact Apple Support, see below:

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Iphone 14 only vibrates once while ringing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.