You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account locked in MacBook Air

My account got locked in M2 Macbook Air.

I forgot my password and after few incorrect attempts it got locked.

I have reset my password for AppleID still unable to login to the system.

MacBook Air, 12.5

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 10:20 AM

You may need to wait at least 24 hours before attempting to log in again: If you see an 'Unable to sign you in to your Apple ID' message - Apple Support.

For reference: Reset your Mac login password - Apple Support. If your Mac has locked your Apple ID / iCloud account following too many failed login attempts, then you need to follow If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2023 10:20 AM in response to priyanakaram

You may need to wait at least 24 hours before attempting to log in again: If you see an 'Unable to sign you in to your Apple ID' message - Apple Support.

For reference: Reset your Mac login password - Apple Support. If your Mac has locked your Apple ID / iCloud account following too many failed login attempts, then you need to follow If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

Account locked in MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.