You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard won’t connect to mini

I was unable to log into my Mac mini today, discovered a stuck key on my keyboard that types two “S“ each time, that I cannot get unstuck. Tried to pair a new keyboard with the Mac mini, and I’m having no luck. I took the batteries out of the first keyboard, so it is dead. Because I am outside of my login, I don’t see how to tell the mini to connect with a new keyboard. I have a separate trackpad. Is there a place to pull up a keyboard so I can click in my password? How stuck am I?

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 7:03 PM

Hi, Silty Sam, you’ve come to the correct place( close enough, anyways) … actually, you’re not stuck at all… there IS a way to pull up a keyboard viewer or onscreen keyboard of some kind, but I don’t know if you can do that from just the trackpad alone… the answer is easy… get a USB wired keyboard, pretty much any one will work, as long as it’s USB and wired… sometimes , at least with the later Magic Keyboards, a lightning to usb cable is included, so you can use it as a wired keyboard, however I don’t know what kind ( model/maker) of wireless ( Bluetooth ?) keyboard you have… anyways, from me a dumb answer is free and arrives a bit quicker… if you want an intelligent answer, a really good one, well, that takes some time…..

John B

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2023 7:03 PM in response to Silty Sam

Hi, Silty Sam, you’ve come to the correct place( close enough, anyways) … actually, you’re not stuck at all… there IS a way to pull up a keyboard viewer or onscreen keyboard of some kind, but I don’t know if you can do that from just the trackpad alone… the answer is easy… get a USB wired keyboard, pretty much any one will work, as long as it’s USB and wired… sometimes , at least with the later Magic Keyboards, a lightning to usb cable is included, so you can use it as a wired keyboard, however I don’t know what kind ( model/maker) of wireless ( Bluetooth ?) keyboard you have… anyways, from me a dumb answer is free and arrives a bit quicker… if you want an intelligent answer, a really good one, well, that takes some time…..

John B

Keyboard won’t connect to mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.