You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files Retrieval

Hello, so my old iPhone 8 Plus (iOS 15.6) has been in the recovery mode for a year now approximately. The cause of which I forgot my phone passcode and I tested my luck until it reached to that state. Currently, it's only displaying the wrong time, 'iPhone Unavailable', and Emergency. There isn't an option of which to factory reset the phone at all. There is no SIM card installed and the wifi settings had been reset so it won't be connecting to one anytime soon. I've tried plugging it to my computer but it doesn't prompt the 'Trust' at all. My biggest priority however is to retrieve my photos that is in my phone right now. The photos in this old phone of mine is not backed up and I want to know if it's possible to retrieve them. I didn't want to go straight to a nearby Service Provider if there is an alternative here I can do it at home.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 4:04 PM

It is not possible to retrieve anything off the phone now if you were not backing up prior to this.

Your only option is to restore to factory settings using a computer and recovery mode. You don’t need to trust the computer to do these steps. Follow the steps at If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2023 4:04 PM in response to Xerac

It is not possible to retrieve anything off the phone now if you were not backing up prior to this.

Your only option is to restore to factory settings using a computer and recovery mode. You don’t need to trust the computer to do these steps. Follow the steps at If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Files Retrieval

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.