You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my location?

My map app has my location incorrect. How can I change to my actual location?

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 6:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2024 11:50 PM

1. Check Location Settings. Go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services - make sure it's turned on
  2. Restart Your Device: Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve location issues. Try restarting your device and then open the map app again to see if the location is correct
  3. Update the Map App
  4. Then, if you do all of these things and nothing happens, a location change tool  allows you to return to your current position: https://bit.ly/3R53DoS
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2024 11:50 PM in response to crhodes7f

1. Check Location Settings. Go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services - make sure it's turned on
  2. Restart Your Device: Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve location issues. Try restarting your device and then open the map app again to see if the location is correct
  3. Update the Map App
  4. Then, if you do all of these things and nothing happens, a location change tool  allows you to return to your current position: https://bit.ly/3R53DoS

Jul 3, 2023 7:32 AM in response to crhodes7f

Hello crhodes7f,

My guess is either you don't allow Maps access to your location or your Precise Location.

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down and tap on Maps
  3. Tap Location
  4. I would suggest selecting While Using the App or Widgets
  5. Toggle on Precise Location
    1. Please only give Precise Location to apps you trust, as the name suggests, this is your exact location instead of the general area.

I hope this helps!

How can I change my location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.