You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iCloud Personal Photos Library duplicated in Photos & Videos?

To archive my photos for the imminent end of "My Photo Stream" I just deleted a TON of duplicate exact copies, some 32x, 16x, 20x especially in May 2019. I should now have a clean library to archive on a remote drive. When reviewing my iCloud photos settings "Photos & Videos" is 34.4 GB and my "Personal Library" is also 34.4 GB. Is this a duplicate? Is Photos & Videos on my iPhone and Personal Library in iCloud? Will either be impacted by the upcoming sunsetting of "My Photo Stream"? If so will my iCloud+ storage cut the photos in half? Photos are the bulk of the 43.4 GB indicated.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 6:45 AM

The shut down of My photo Stream will have little effect as your images are already on a device. And, you've consolidated your images into one library. You're seeing the storage size of photos or which your personal library is 100 percent of the total (it is not a duplicate but the total size of your library). If you had a shared photo library you would also see its size displayed.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2023 6:45 AM in response to DebMacP

The shut down of My photo Stream will have little effect as your images are already on a device. And, you've consolidated your images into one library. You're seeing the storage size of photos or which your personal library is 100 percent of the total (it is not a duplicate but the total size of your library). If you had a shared photo library you would also see its size displayed.

Is my iCloud Personal Photos Library duplicated in Photos & Videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.