You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos and iCloud

I have a lot of photos on iCloud as well as on all of my devices. Will I lose all those photos come July 26, 2023?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 6:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 7:18 PM

Hello jomadani,

Only My Photo Stream is going away - Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support.

Apple has said:

"Moving forward, iCloud Photos is the best way to keep the photos and videos you take up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud. If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all of your devices, you don't need to do anything else — your photos already sync to iCloud. To check, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click your name, then click iCloud. Make sure that it says "On" next to Photos on each of your devices."

Make sure these settings are toggled on for all of your Apple devices and you will be all set!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2023 7:18 PM in response to jomadani

Hello jomadani,

Only My Photo Stream is going away - Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support.

Apple has said:

"Moving forward, iCloud Photos is the best way to keep the photos and videos you take up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud. If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all of your devices, you don't need to do anything else — your photos already sync to iCloud. To check, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click your name, then click iCloud. Make sure that it says "On" next to Photos on each of your devices."

Make sure these settings are toggled on for all of your Apple devices and you will be all set!

My photos and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.