You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't drag pictures from "My Photos Stream" into Photos library

Hi Folks,

I'm prepping for the great Photo Stream shutdown. According to Apple's instructions, I'm supposed to drag all the pictures from the "My Photo Stream" album into the main Library.

But their instructions aren't working. I select all, then drag, I get the number of selected but no green copy symbol.

This is happening on both a brand new mac mini pro with the latest ventura, as well as an entirely different photo library and Mac running Catalina.

Why isn't this working?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 7:55 AM

5 replies

Jul 5, 2023 11:27 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your response.

That was my understanding. So then why does Apple say this in the document I linked to in my original post:

On your Mac

1. Open the Photos app, then open the My Photo Stream album. 
  2. Select any photos you want to save that aren't currently in your photo library.
  3. Drag them from the My Photo Stream album to your Library. 

I am thinking maybe they wouldn't download to the Library because there are some I selected that already are in the Library. But then how does one make sure to grab only those that are in the Library? It would be a laborious task to identify them.

Jul 5, 2023 12:29 PM in response to léonie

I have only one test library with My Photo Stream turned on, on my Mac. In this library the photos are now vanishing from the My Photo Stream album, once I have added them to an album for importing. Previously they stayed in My Photo Stream at least for thirty days, so I could import them again, if I deleted them from the library.

Can't drag pictures from "My Photos Stream" into Photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.